If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Michigan.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Friday, March 11, 2011

Modular System for Prepping

Modular System for Prepping
From: Wolverine

I have stated many times that my major plan for a SHTF situation is to shelter in place. Like all well prepared folks I do have a back up plan. We have a retreat in Mid-Michigan that until it becomes the retreat it is a vacation cabin. We visit it for hunting, fishing, photo safaris with the wife and just plain old recharging the batteries from the stresses of life.

If we find that we will have to head for the retreat it could be a total mess if I didn’t have a plan in place for bugging out. I will be the first to tell you that my bug out plan is half-fast as it were. One thing I do have though is several modular units that I can load and go with.

I also use the modular system for smaller scale preparedness also. Now that we are still in winter I have my warm module in the truck. It is a small gym bag that holds all my winter clothes, polypro underwear, wool hats, gloves, warm socks, and a couple other things to help me stay warm. Every fall it goes in the truck and I have it with me at all times. If I get stuck I can dress warmer for outside work. I can not dress for only outside work everyday, my job is both inside and outside work. I layer for the day. When deer hunting at the cabin I wear the polypro and wool the whole week. Having it all in one place makes it easier to find and move.

I have several first aid kits with me at all times. I carry an old military first aid bag that has a smaller first aid bag inside that I can pull out and use. My CERT bag also has a smaller first aid kit in it that I can pull and go with.

I find those small size gym bags to be great for making modules out of. They hold plenty of any one item and are easily carried. Having soft sides they can be stuffed into tight spaces and don’t stick out like a military MOLLE system does.

I recommend that you look into making up your own modular system so if you have to bug out you can grab and go quickly and the items you need are already gathered and in one place.

Wolverine
------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Michigan Forum at www.MichiganPreppersNetwork.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if you have ever thought of turning your retreat into a well preped BOL, and then setting up a plan to go there at the first sign of problems? After years of preping, lots of training and a little experience with people when they go with out. I have come to the conclusion there will be no safe place in southern Michigan, when the masses run out of every thing they need??? And that is not even considering what ever kind of event that causes the SHTF.

Just a thought, most people don't think about the masses, just ask the people that went through Katrina,

MichiganPreppersNetwork.com Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Michigan Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.